Friday, February 16, 2007

BARRY IS BAD LUCK!!!




So I just got back from bowling with my friend Sam about a half hour ago and I SUCK at bowling!!
But thats not the point of this post, so I'm sitting at the counter thing talking to Sam and she was talking about her youth group and I'm hear a song come one that sounded pretty familer and then I hear "I write the songs..." I swear to you I almost screamed and fell off my stool!!! I was so excited!! I NEVER EVER hear Barry's music when I go out, it tottaly made my day; but it gets even better!!
Now I was half paying attention to Sam and I was singing along with the music, the song ends and I listen to Sam again but then I tune back into the music because I hear that oh so familer sound of Barry's voice belting out "Looks Like We Made It" Again, I was almost screaming, I pointed foward
I screeched "Sam it's Barry AGAIN!!"
she said "Its the same song..."
I was like, "No! It's Tottaly Different Songs, the first was 'I Write the Songs' this one is 'Looks like we Made It!!!"
Me hearing Barry made me thing I was going to have good luck and have a good game becuase I had to the good luck to hear him on the radio.... I was dead wrong!
I went first, I threw the ball, I was like "I'm going to AWESOME tonight!" next time I was up it was straight to the gutter after 5 feet.
Then luck hit me again, after about a half hour of playing I was standing at the ball return thingy starring at the place where the ball comes, complaining to my self that my lips were burning and I'm an idiot to not have brought my chapstick, and again I hear that familer voice again cutting through the noise of the bowling alley was Barry singing "Weekend In New England" I got my balled, chucked it down the lane (I gave up caring about points by now) and slid back to Sam who was sitting at the score table.
"SAM! IT'S BARRY AGAIN!!" I screeched and pointed down the lane but my arm pointed up towards the ceiling where the speakers are.
Sam cracked up and stood up and went to the ball return thingy to wait for the "Booger" ball to return so she go take her turn. I sat at the score table in my own little Barry Manilow filled world sining along silently to "Weekend In New England"
My game still sucked, so apparently hearing one of you're favorite musicians over the speakers in a bowling alley won't give you good luck... it will give you bad luck. I don't think I got a score over a 70!!

I write the songs, Looks like we made it, and Weekend in New England, all amazing songs and who ever the DJ was I love them!! I wanted to find them and thank them... but I thought that would be a little creepy so I forgot about it.

No comments: