Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Crazy Manilow Fans.....and other things that might mean something

Do they really need to exist? Because life without them would be incredibly easy and wonderful.

Recently (ok more like yesterday and Sunday) I posted blogs on my profile on My Manilow Network. My God did I get ripped a new asshole! I said that Barry's Greatest Love Songs EVER (trust me it's easier to write it like that) was BORING!

Yes I said it:

BARRY MANILOW'S NEW ALBUM BORES ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankly, just listening to the 30 second clips on I-tunes puts me to sleep!


But back to the crazy Manilow fans.

You people make going on Barry fansites a living hell! Ease up and get a life. Barry does not read the crap on the Manilow Network, because remember he does have a life! He is not an internet troll! And if he is, he's probably on Facebook like the rest of America playing Farmville and wasting their day!

I must say though, excluding the wackjobs, Manilows are the nicest most caring group of fans, once again excluding the wackjobs.

In other news.......
I am now taking a photoshop class so eventually if I feel like downloading CS2 onto my computer I'll try to do some cool Barry photoshopped stuff. Give me sometime, I just learned how to cut a item out of a picture lol



So kids, what did we learn today?
1) Don't be a crazy manilow asshole!
2) Kristen is taking a photoshop class
and finally
3) Kristen has ran out of things to say so this blog entry is over!!


Thanks for reading!!!!
Please comment!!

5 comments:

Crissy said...

Kristen,

I read your blog about Barry's new cd and the responses to it. You weren't personally attacked that I can recall; they simply pointed out that it was hard to form a reasonable opinion based on thirty second sound clips. I know some of the respondents also took exception to you posting your opinion on the network but think about it Kristen; the network is part of Barry's official site and we are essentially guests in his home. How would you feel if you invited someone to your home and they proceeded to tell you what horrible taste you have in decorating or said they didn't like something else about your home? I think you might be more than a little upset. As for Barry not reading what's posted on the network, why do you think he was aware of the controversy that erupted over the show cancellations, that caused him to write that letter explaining he was having hip surgery? I think you'd be surprised at what else Barry is aware of on his fan site whether he sees it first hand or someone informs him.

Oh, and just because you had a few women encouraging you, don't think they're your friends. Those same women are almost always spoiling for a fight whether they're directly involved or taking someone else's side. As long as someone is taking a crack at Barry they're in the thick of it. Just a friendly word of warning Kristen.

Anonymous said...

The person who just commented is right. A few seconds of a music clip is not enough to judge good music. Take the time to listen the songs. They are classics my friend. You are very young and easily swayed by others. Make your own opinion. Those others who encouraged you are troublemakers and immature. Be independant and mature. Form your opinion based on facts not fantasy. You don't have to like his music and it is ok to refrain from listening but if I came into your house and told you your closet bored me or I didn't like the way your parents decorated your house you would definitely be insulted. The MMN is Barry's home and he does and I repeat does navigate there. This is a fact.He works very, very hard along with other arrangeers and songwriters to produce the best for his audience. He wouldn't be out there on the stage if it weren't for us. He knows we love him for his creativity and musiciality.You owe him and us an apology for your rudeness. I am sure your parents taught you better.

Kristen said...

It's criticism that people will have to live with. I'd understand that you thought my friends were boring or i thought my decorating sucked. that's your opinion. I have mine, you have yours.

Just because they're classics doesn't mean I have to like them. Bach and Beethoven are classics but not everyone listens to them and enjoys them.

No one swayed my opinion on whether or not to like the album, i made it on my own. Just because I'm young doesn't mean I can't form an opinion of my own.

I'm glad Barry frequents the MMN, maybe he'd like to see what he could improve on. If we all got perfect grades on tests just because the teacher didn't want to insult us no one would ever learn. If every baseball game ended in a tie, no one would ever know who's better. So a world without criticism is pointless.

Nara said...

I'm a young girl who LOVES Barry and all I have to say is that I read your blogs and they make me laugh so hard even if I don't agree at times... Keep blogging I miss you

Anonymous said...

Um, perhaps you haven't seen how successful, Barry is, now. Harmony opened (go Barry and Bruce!), he just did Broadway recently, not to mention, yet even more new albums in the works. Yeah, not thinking you have a clue.